• Help Support TNDeer:

Brother tags first bird ever this morning.....

TNhunter

This turkey and his 2 buddies played with us for 2 hours if not longer. I couldn't even tell you how many times they gobbled but it sure enough was a bunch. We were just inside the edge of the woods, and they were over on the hillside with a big gully between us and them. They were bound and determined NOT to cross that freaking gully. They finally started easing up the hill toward the top - about 75 yards away in some really thick crap. I eased out of the woods and dropped off the hill about 75-100 yards and started calling really aggressively. I called on/off for about 20-30 minutes and had not heard them gobble for a few minutes, and when they had gobbled it sounded like they were heading on out to the top of the hill. I started easing back up to hill through the edge of the field back towards Timmy. What I didn't know was that last time they had gobbled was MUCH closer and that I had pulled them right down the hill into Timmy's lap. I was about 30 yards from the edge of the woods, and Timmy turned and said - DON'T MOVE. I immediately hit the ground flat out and tucked my head into my hands. I called a few times into the ground and about 60-90 seconds later - BOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!

20 pounds, 9-1/4" beard, 1-1/8" spurs.

timturk1-1.JPG

timturk1-2.JPG

timturk1-3.JPG

timturk1-4.JPG

timturk1-5.JPG

timturk1-6.JPG

timturk1-7.JPG

timturk1-8.JPG

Latest posts

Back