• Help Support TNDeer:

Browning cameras ??

volboy

For those that use the Browning cameras. How are these 2? Wanted to stay around $100.

Browning Command Ops Elite 24 Trail Camera

Browning Strike Force FHDR 30 Trail Camera

Browning cams are the 2nd best Ive used, cuddeback used to be the best but I havent seen anything about them in a few years now. Id rather spend $100 on one browning then $100 on 4 muddys or stealthcams or any of the others Ive tried.

My Brownings were great cams. I have 3 out of 5 now that I need to send to them for repair. Loved em when they worked.
My original cell cam is a Spartan. Still going strong after at least 10 years.

I've had great luck with every Browning I've tried except these ones in the picture. I bought a half dozen of them all at same time and every stinking one at random times will rapid fire pics until card is full. I've called Browning twice explaining the issue and they had me try different settings and such but it doesn't fix anything.

Aside from those ones every Browning I've used is still going strong today.

Attachments

• 20240708_104745.jpg
    20240708_104745.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 11
Browning cams are the 2nd best Ive used, cuddeback used to be the best but I havent seen anything about them in a few years now. Id rather spend $100 on one browning then $100 on 4 muddys or stealthcams or any of the others Ive tried.
Always amazes me how changes in design and manufacturing processes can take a brand of camera from the bottom of the heap to the top. When Cuddeback first came along by buying one of the best hacked physical film cameras on the market - the Nontypical brand - and then converting it into the first integral digital camera, they completely destroyed the brand. The cameras were a disaster. Yet over about decade, they bounced back producing a decent camera system.

The same can be said of Browning. The first two years of Browning trail-cameras produced probably the worst trail-camera ever made. Few actually worked out of the box. Yet over time, with better design and manufacturing, now they make the best non-cellular camera on the market.

Every brand is going to have it's periodic dud model, including Browning.
But overall, I've been better served by Browning than the other brands.

I had such bad experiences with Cuddebacks, I will never ever buy another, don't care how good their advertising makes them sound.

IMO, Cuddeback put all their profits into advertising instead of product quality. They are still over-priced junk, albeit, I was among those who liked their film cams, as well as their 1st version digital (back around 2002-2003 ?). Their 1.3 mp 1st digital was very over-priced (@ $200) but this was before much competition in the digital cam marketplace.

Still hard to believe how relatively limited we were in using 35mm film cams.
We've come a very long way in the past couple decades.

Every brand is going to have it's periodic dud model, including Browning.
But overall, I've been better served by Browning than the other brands.

I had such bad experiences with Cuddebacks, I will never ever buy another, don't care how good their advertising makes them sound.

IMO, Cuddeback put all their profits into advertising instead of product quality. They are still over-priced junk, albeit, I was among those who liked their film cams, as well as their 1st version digital (back around 2002-2003 ?). Their 1.3 mp 1st digital was very over-priced (@ $200) but this was before much competition in the digital cam marketplace.

Still hard to believe how relatively limited we were in using 35mm film cams.
We've come a very long way in the past couple decades.
We bought into the cuddyback hype as well what a disappointment they were.

I have a Defender Ridgeline and it's probably the best cell cam I've ever owned. I have 3 Defender Pro Scouts and they are good but not exceptional. Browning customer service treated me right the one time I've used them. I sent in a 2 year old Pro Scout that was a year out of warranty for repair and they couldn't fix it so they sent me a new camera free of charge.

I have a Defender Ridgeline and it's probably the best cell cam I've ever owned. I have 3 Defender Pro Scouts and they are good but not exceptional. Browning customer service treated me right the one time I've used them. I sent in a 2 year old Pro Scout that was a year out of warranty for repair and they couldn't fix it so they sent me a new camera free of charge.
Same here, and their service center is in AL, or it was when I had to send one back.

As far as the Muddy brand of cameras goes, I know where they came up with the name, EVERY time Ive had one out for a couple months and opened it up to get the SD card, MUDDY looking water is what ran out of them! JUNK JUNK JUNK!!!!!!!

As far as the Muddy brand of cameras goes, I know where they came up with the name, EVERY time Ive had one out for a couple months and opened it up to get the SD card, MUDDY looking water is what ran out of them! JUNK JUNK JUNK!!!!!!!
Thanks for testing them for me! Glad I didn't buy any!

Actually, huge fan of their ladder stands but had never tried one of their cameras.

I've had great luck with every Browning I've tried except these ones in the picture. I bought a half dozen of them all at same time and every stinking one at random times will rapid fire pics until card is full. I've called Browning twice explaining the issue and they had me try different settings and such but it doesn't fix anything.

Aside from those ones every Browning I've used is still going strong today.
Weird.

I have a couple Dark Ops over community scrapes and those things rule. I have never had a deer even look at them.

Latest posts

Back