• Help Support TNDeer:

Browns Creek Lake?

TNReb

Thinking of fishing Browns Creek Lake tomorrow. Anyone fished it recently? I haven't been in several years.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

fished it last fall. i caught a few 5's but the guy i was with was throwing an a-rig caught 2 around 8 or so. i was trying for a tarp fish but always seem to come up 1/4" short. i need to go back but been too busy to fish much lately. another guy caught a 13 last year but dont know if he kept it or not. at one time TWRA was trying to make it a trophy lake by stocking and shocking but dont if they still do or not.

TNReb":2blzo97s said:
Thinking of fishing Browns Creek Lake tomorrow. Anyone fished it recently? I haven't been in several years.

Did you make it? I love that lake. Always plan to fish it in the spring but never make it til summer. This year will be different.

We went Saturday afternoon. It was terrible. We fished about 3 1/2 hours. I caught two bass about 8 inches long. Dad never had a bite.

There were three other boats there, and we talked to all three.
One boat had nothing.
One boat had been there the entire day and only caught 2, but both under a pound.
The other boat had been there 3 days in a row. They were on vacation in the area. They said they had tried everything, including live bait, and had only caught a couple fish in 3 days.

Riding around and looking at my side scan, I didn't see any larges balls of bait or anything.

thats disheartening. that much change in a year and a half. there was bait there on the south end when we went and we had the lake to ourselves except for a couple of bank beaters fishing for catfish at the ramp.

Latest posts

Back