• Help Support TNDeer:

Bull Shark?

I shared a link, but at the bottom it says "you've been pranked" so I edited it. It's the first link that pulls up when you do a G00gle search.

theyve been saying that for years. did they finally catch one? it wouldnt surprise me, ive heard theyve been spotted before on the mississippi in memphis.

WTM":1j97le21 said:
it wouldnt surprise me, ive heard theyve been spotted before on the mississippi in memphis.
I've heard they've been spotted in the Mississippi River much farther north than Memphis, so it seems no longer a "surprise" one COULD survive in the Tennessee River.

But it would seem highly unlikely one could travel upstream from the Mississippi, into the Tennessee, then get thru Kentucky Dam ---- wouldn't THAT realistically be the only natural way one could end up anywhere near Pickwick Lake?

But then, perhaps it would be easier for someone to catch (in the Gulf) & release a bull shark in Pickwick Lake,
as it would be to catch (in N. Dakota) & release a female cougar in West TN?

TheLBLman":11qnxhag said:
WTM":11qnxhag said:
it wouldnt surprise me, ive heard theyve been spotted before on the mississippi in memphis.
I've heard they've been spotted in the Mississippi River much farther north than Memphis, so it seems no longer a "surprise" one COULD survive in the Tennessee River.

But it would seem highly unlikely one could travel upstream from the Mississippi, into the Tennessee, then get thru Kentucky Dam ---- wouldn't THAT realistically be the only natural way one could end up anywhere near Pickwick Lake?

But then, perhaps it would be easier for someone to catch (in the Gulf) & release a bull shark in Pickwick Lake,
as it would be to catch (in N. Dakota) & release a female cougar in West TN?

yeah could have, people have released dead sharks in the Tenn. river before. why couldnt a fish travel theu the Lock at the dam?

I don't know? Someone mentioned seeing it somewhere on the internet and asked if I'd heard anything.
For those that don't know why or how a bull shark could travel into fresh water and live... they're the only shark that produces their own saline. So much so that they actually release it from their bodies into the surrounding water. The other species of sharks have to absorb it from the water into their bodies or they die.

i think a black tip can live in freshwater, BUT they are timid, no where near the killers of a bull. i remember a few years ago that some kids swimming in a canal was attacked by a bull shark in florida and a kid caught one in georgia. so i guess its possible but i dont know how long a bull can live without saltwater.

that channel 24 news is a fake news website.

this is what i was referring to, this kid claims to have seen a bull in pickwick and was giving a presentation on it. i dont know if he was trying to bs people or on crack.

https://youtu.be/GxZ0y5HtYAs

The same pictures have made rounds about catching a 9 ft bull shark in KY Lake. I posted it hoping the pleasure boaters leave me alone this weekend. THat shark may solve my jet ski problem!!! :party: :party:

If I remember correctly, they caught a bull shark out of a river in IL near the Mississippi that had swam from the gulf past St. Louis and they had no problems living there.

Latest posts

Back