• Help Support TNDeer:

Butt Stock Extender

HOOK

I and tired of getting smacked between the eyes with my Muzzleloader. My scope is as far forward as I can get it. I'm looking for an extender for a Thompson Center Impact 50 cal . Any suggestions?

I put a slip on recoil pad on most of my long guns. I learned to shoot with my dad's guns and he had ape arms so I have a fairly aggressive forward hold. For my TC Omega I picked up a slip on Limbsaver pad from Walmart. It's worked great.

I don't know how the factory butt pad is designed on the Impact, but if screws onto the stock like a traditional pad, I would use something like this: stock spacer

They come in different thickness, and even tapered to adjust the toe and heel pitch, if desired. You'll need longer screws to reattach the pad. To make it look "finished," you'll need to screw it on, mark the edges, then take it off and sand it to fit flush between the stock and pad. But that's not hard and the spacers aren't expensive. I've had them on my wing shooting shotgun for years. I just cut small pieces of cardboard and taped them to the butt pad until I had the thickness I wanted. Then I measured the cardboard stack and ordered spacers to match that thickness.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back