• Help Support TNDeer:

Cajun Cleos Flaming Turkey Fries

redblood

Found this recipe in on a site when i was shopping for a new turkey gun. Thought it sounded good and man is it, if you like stuff slightly hot. By the way, i have no idea who cajun cleo is.

Cut one whole turkey breast into long 1/4 " fritters. About the size of an oversized french fry. keep the slices very thin. i use a razor sharp thin bladed eagle claw filet knife to do so. Soak overnight in a mixture of ranch dressing, coarse ground black pepper and buttermilk. Empty a box of zatarains cajun style chicken fry (spicy fish fry works as well). Add 2 tbsps of cajun pepper into mix. Dredge marinated fritters in batter until well coated. Heat peanut oil 3-4 inches deep in a heavy cast iron skilled or fry daddy until grease is about 375 degrees. Drop fritters into hot oil and cook until they are dark brown and float to the top (you want a the dark color and crunch). Remove from peanut oil and immediately sprinkle with a little season salt and ground cayenne pepper. Drink with a cold mounatin dew (actually i added that part). i like them served over a bed of baby spinach with shredded cheddar,croutons and bacon bits.
My wife who is a for sure girly girl gets excited everytime i bring a turkey home. i have done all the ones i killed as well as 2 other hunters have given me. give it a try.

Sounds good, I do mine very sililar with a mixture of flour and the Hot version of the Uncle bucks fish fry batter from Bass pro.

Latest posts

Back