• Help Support TNDeer:

Camping somewhere along the pigeon river?

MudIslandMemphis

So a couple of us are going to go fishing down the pigeon river up in the smokeys this weekend and was thinking about camping somewhere along there if that was an option. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a good place to stop or just any insight at all. I've never been up there on the river but I think they have a couple times just to fish. I appreciate any suggestions someone could offer.

stik":ws9q47cd said:
pigeon river? little pigeon river? what part of the river?

Yeah the little pigeon river sorry, sometimes we shorthand it. Really open to any part somewhere throughout the smokeys, just wanting to catch some smallies or some crappies and then enjoy a night outdoors.

There are 2 forks of the Little Pigeon, no place to camp unless you have reservations in one of the few campgrounds along the river. You can catch some big smallies in the river below Sevierville after the two prongs meet,be sure to check the regs, there is a slot limit.

There are a few dams in the river so be careful... make sure you know where they are beforehand.

I don't know of any camping areas up there. There is a campground near where it dumps to the French Broad but I don't know if it's tent friendly.

If you facebook, smoky mountain kayak anglers or east tennessee kayak anglers page may can answer your questions. One of them floated it earlier this week.

Latest posts

Back