• Help Support TNDeer:

Caney With One Generator

Back Home

Finally a weekend with temps a guy can fish in, and they're running one generator all day today and tomorrow both. Same for Tims Ford (Elk). I prefer the Caney because of the size potential and proximity to where I live, but how can a guy fish it with one generator running. Haven't tried by the dam before.

Any tips? I really want to get a line wet and catch some fish.

That ain't much flow for this time of year. I usually fish there in the summer when they go between 0 and 1 generator. With a 200cfs sluice. Are you saying you're used to more flow or less flow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They have the Sleuice gates wide open wouldn't try it. Very turbulent water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less flow. I've only fished it with 0 generators. According to the TVA app, right now they have one generator going with 12,145 CFS flow. Sounds like a ton of water. I've seen the Elk before with 3000 CFS, and it's not possible to fish. Maybe I'll mosey down below JPP and see if I can find a bite with a few of the stockers.

catman529":2loqtp8z said:
That ain't much flow for this time of year. I usually fish there in the summer when they go between 0 and 1 generator. With a 200cfs sluice. Are you saying you're used to more flow or less flow?

Back Home":vgpj7p4q said:
Less flow. I've only fished it with 0 generators. According to the TVA app, right now they have one generator going with 12,145 CFS flow. Sounds like a ton of water. I've seen the Elk before with 3000 CFS, and it's not possible to fish. Maybe I'll mosey down below JPP and see if I can find a bite with a few of the stockers.

catman529":vgpj7p4q said:

yea that's way too much flow. It's gonna be a while before it gets to a fishable level I think

Thanks for the tip. If I had a boat, I'd give this a shot, but I wade only at the Caney.

walleye_hunter":3til4bzs said:
Higher water the better, in my opinion, especially this time of year. Think stationary structure and current breaks - they'll stack up around stuff like that.

Latest posts

Back