• Help Support TNDeer:

caney?

Due to all of the rain from a couple of weeks ago, the Caney has had very high discharges making any wade fishing difficult if not impossible. There hasn't been a lot of fishing going on over there. In addition, IMO, we lost a bunch of fish late this summer when the Corp cut off any water discharge for long periods of time. From reports from fishermen that have been on the water for decades, the trout population is way down from where it normally is this time of year. I'm optimistic that issue has been resolved and we won't see the debacle again in the future.

The water was off yesterday, and there were a bunch of folks headed that way. I hope to hear some reports early in the week. It is about time for the browns to start going through their spawning rituals. I certainly DON'T advocate trying to catch those fish on the redds. But, if you go downstream 50-100 yards, you will usually find some nice fish (rainbows and browns) in some feeding lanes eating eggs that come out of the nests plus the midges, sowbugs, and scuds they stir up fanning their nest.

The Caney has been off this summer for sure. It seems the flow are either too low or too high. There are a lot of rock fish in the lower section right now

Latest posts

Back