• Help Support TNDeer:

Carrol lake

BigCityBubba

I realized yesterday that Carrol lake is only 15 minutes from my house. I drove by it and someone had a small bass boat on the lake. Its only 100 ac and I assume there are some restrictions but I can't find any listed online. Has anyone fished it recently? I know it was closed for a few years and had to be drained. Has the fishing recovered?

Depending on what day you drove by, that might have been me. :D
Entire lake is no wake, that is the only restriction I know of.
There are limits on bream, shellcracker, bass and catfish.. OH and walleye too, but I am yet to catch or know of anyone catching one.
I think they just said they put them in there.
No length or creel limit on crappie. I am seeing fewer and fewer every time I go.
I hope everyone goes by the limit on bream, if they will it will be a good place for a long time.
I have seen zero enforcement display there. See a TWRA guy come and go from the shop next door occasionally though.
That doesn't mean they aren't watching I'm sure.

I can't speak to much of anything except the bream fishing there, but yes, it has recovered nicely.

I wouldn't waste my time going there though. ;)

I hope everyone goes by the limit on bream, if they will it will be a good place for a long time.
The regs for Carrol Lake say Bluegill/Redear 20 per day in combination, Lake Halford says Bluegill/Redear 10 fish. Does this mean 10 fish in combination or 10 each at Halford? I just don't get why the powers that be have to make some things harder than they should be to understand.

The regs for Carrol Lake say Bluegill/Redear 20 per day in combination, Lake Halford says Bluegill/Redear 10 fish. Does this mean 10 fish in combination or 10 each at Halford? I just don't get why the powers that be have to make some things harder than they should be to understand.
I take it as 10 in combination at Halford.
NOTHING tdub does makes any sense, that is the only thing I am sure of.

Grew up about 15 minutes from there and have only fished it once in my life. Hope it's better than it was before they drained it.

Hope it's better than it was before they drained it.
In times past, for whatever reasons, it just wasn't a very fertile pond.
Personally, I don't think it's large enough to be called a lake.
Big pond.

My take is there are just so many other larger more fertile bodies of water nearby that both locals and travelers mostly fish elsewhere.

The day it reopened the fishing was amazing. Since then it's pretty bad for bass anyways. Ruger I can confirm that they put walleye in there. I lost a big one and my buddy caught one the day the lake opened. Haven't really heard of anyone catching one in a while. Bet they were all caught out of there.

I would bet they all died.
Maybe an experiment to see how long they could live in warm stagnant shallow water?
there is a lot of water moving in that lake. its always spilling from the bottom of the gates. it has to be spring fed. the way it spills, i can imagine some fingerlings getting sucked out to the creek.

when that levy broke back when it flooded there were a whole lot of folks catching fish out of that little spillway creek. went on for about a week.

The day it reopened the fishing was amazing. Since then it's pretty bad for bass anyways. Ruger I can confirm that they put walleye in there. I lost a big one and my buddy caught one the day the lake opened. Haven't really heard of anyone catching one in a while. Bet they were all caught out of there.
That's cool man. You are the first person I have ever heard of that has caught one.

Latest posts

Back