• Help Support TNDeer:

carroll county 1000 acre lake

chunkandwind

If you like to catch bass the lake is crazy right now. I fished 5 hours today and had around 40 fish.
14-15 unders, 4 overs and the rest were slot fish. There was only 2 other boats on the lake today
so it was like having a private lake to myself.

Started out topwater at the back of the main creek and caught 15-16 in the first 45 minutes on a sexy dawg, a stutter step
and a plopper. After that bite slowed I moved to a ledge on the main creek. Found the fish on side scan, marked them and
my first 5 casts never hit bottom. They were choking a 3/4 ounce football jig. Almost every fish would have the bait in their
crushers. I think I could still be sitting there catching them but I had to go do some work.

That lake is so healthy, bait is everywhere and the fish are showing it. The Florida strain they stocked it with are tanks! Dang that's almost too much fun.

This was an over and a typical slot fish.

Attachments

• 1000acre.jpg
    1000acre.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,092
  • cc1000acre.jpg
    cc1000acre.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,096
I done pretty good Saturday morning considering I was in my little Kayak that is not the right set up for fishing. The topwater bite was definitely hot for a little while but they was short striking my Pompadour. That is the first I have heard that they stocked Fl strain bass in there. Sure hope its true!

cbhunter":3i2ocexr said:
I done pretty good Saturday morning considering I was in my little Kayak that is not the right set up for fishing. The topwater bite was definitely hot for a little while but they was short striking my Pompadour. That is the first I have heard that they stocked Fl strain bass in there. Sure hope its true!

There's most definitely FL strain there. I was told they moved some toads from Gibson Co and small fish from a hatchery.

The lake has already produced numerous fish over 10 and at least 2 12's.

chunkandwind":1per3cg2 said:
cbhunter":1per3cg2 said:

There's most definitely FL strain there. I was told they moved some toads from Gibson Co and small fish from a hatchery.

The lake has already produced numerous fish over 10 and at least 2 12's.
Gibson county transplants

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Here is the biggest one I caught there last year.

Here is my son's best from Gibson a few years ago.

We haven't caught any "big" ones this year yet. The biggest one of the year got off right at the boat. :bash:

WTM":2pbkwnrn said:
lol yall need to be inviting all your buddies to pay those access fees or cbhunters wheel tax will go up 100 bucks.

Yeah that wheel tax is not very popular with the residents that don't fish. :D

Latest posts

Back