• Help Support TNDeer:

Carroll Lake

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Saw on the book of face yesterday that they have set a date of April 2020 to re-open the Carroll Lake.
Also saw where they have stocked some walleye in it.
That should be cool.
Can't wait to try to catch a few and eat them.
Never had it before.

CBU93":3irzxejp said:
Is the water cool enough to sustain walleye?
most of the lake is less than 4-5 ft deep. 1/4 or more is covered in Lilly pads or at least it was before the gates were damaged and they drained it.

I'm not very familiar with walleye but going by the depth, I'm going to say that water doesn't stay very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep should be good on bluegill (maybe some brutegills) and red ears. theyve had 8 years to grow in all those weeds. if i remember they dumped a couple hundred thousand total.

WTM":2okddgml said:
yep should be good on bluegill (maybe some brutegills) and red ears. theyve had 8 years to grow in all those weeds. if i remember they dumped a couple hundred thousand total.
Freaked me out it has been that long, sure don't seem like it

RUGER":1agpwx04 said:
WTM":1agpwx04 said:
Freaked me out it has been that long, sure don't seem like it

yeah, but i had forgotten it took 3 or 4 years to fix the gates. they didnt start filling it until 2017. red ear should be good but bluegill prolly wont be over 4".

Back