• Help Support TNDeer:

Carrot Knot?

Iglow

I was watching the fishing knot channel on YT and saw this. I tied it with 6lb braid to 8 lb flouro and the braid broke before the knot quit or the flouro broke. Have ya'll used it or even heard of it?

thats basically an alberto knot. we had this discussion a couple of years ago. that knot will cut gliss superline as well when you cinch it down. the improved albright is not as bad but i went to using Shins knot pretty much for everything on connections. fairly simple to tie, makes a smaller knit and fairly steong:

I don't need someone named f#ck sukee telling me how to connect 2 different lines. :p Jimmy Albright's knot is what we use. Caught fish over 300lbs with this knot, and have not once had it fail;) This knot f#ck sukee is tying looks like a variation of the Albright. We some times tie what we call a reverse Albright. Instead of wrapping back toward loop in leader, we wrap up towards main line and then come back through loop.

I don't need someone named f#ck sukee telling me how to connect 2 different lines. :p Jimmy Albright's knot is what we use. Caught fish over 300lbs with this knot, and have not once had it fail;) This knot f#ck sukee is tying looks like a variation of the Albright. We some times tie what we call a reverse Albright. Instead of wrapping back toward loop in leader, we wrap up towards main line and then come back through loop.
oh gawd, not this again. i should have known better than to join in on a thread about fishing line and knots.

oh gawd, not this again. i should have known better than to join in on a thread about fishing line and knots.
Just fooling with you dude. :p Had to make fun of that guys name. For the record, I'm old school and am still a mono guy. Have no use for braid, or even flourocarbon for that matter. Mono to mono leaders with an Albright for me. Catch 'um up

Latest posts

Back