• Help Support TNDeer:

Catfish

X-Tennessean

Had an awesome week at KY Lake! The cats are on the rocks and the bite was good, females still holding their eggs but I figure any day now they will start spawning.
Dressed 105 head that supplied 5 families with several meals!!
Several good size fish in the 12-15 lb range but most in the 3-6 lb range, excellent eaters IMO!

Night crawlers seemed to work the best, tried chicken breast, livers, shrimp and stink bait.

Very cool man.

I told my son Sunday we should go to Danville and fish on Monday but they had to go home.

I haven't targeted catfish in a long time.
I really need to do that.

I could have told you where hundreds are on KY Lake schooled up but it sounds like you found plenty. We were catching them on swim baits and spinner baits in 23' of water and had them on the surface rolling around the boat.

Mike Belt":1ncrq0hx said:
Anyone on here ever trotline any more?

I personally do not to amount to anything, need to tho!
Did see a couple put out over the week.
My cousin and a group of his friends all go up by Nevil Bay for 3-4 days and set several. 5-6 guys and 3 boats and this year I think they caught around 400 head.

TRIGGER":4vgvkdor said:
I could have told you where hundreds are on KY Lake schooled up but it sounds like you found plenty. We were catching them on swim baits and spinner baits in 23' of water and had them on the surface rolling around the boat.

Feel free to send me a message! Lol
I will be back to my place this weekend and next. I will give the other place a break although its a well known spot and gets hit pretty regularly.

I could use some guidance too.....lol

I'm still lost as a Goose on Ky Lake.

Last week I went jug fishing just across the river from Turkey Creek threw our 14 jugs baited with cut skip jack and rooster liver.

Fished them for two hours and only had one hit, I think it was a Gar. LOL

Smo":32qlnymk said:
I could use some guidance too.....lol

I'm still lost as a Goose on Ky Lake.

Last week I went jug fishing just across the river from Turkey Creek threw our 14 jugs baited with cut skip jack and rooster liver.

Fished them for two hours and only had one hit, I think it was a Gar. LOL

channel cats were all over the place on the west side last week up around the banks in the pockets around willows and bushes. worms or nightcrawlers were the go to bait.

Back