• Help Support TNDeer:

Caught a few more today

gasman

Me and a long time friend decided to take a day off from work and hit the river. Today wasn't his day. Of the 12 fish, I caught 11 of them. We fished for 7 hours and boated a dozen eater size cats. It was a crazy bite today. We fished several different methods but the only thing we found productive was 25'-30' of water and about 2'-3' off the bottom. Good times were had.

gasman":2ve5t4dv said:
Pilchard":2ve5t4dv said:
Forgive the dumb question but are there two different types of catfish in your picture? Blue and channel? If so which do you prefer for table fare?

Yes. Blues and Channel. Both are great eating. I prefer Flatheads though.

Are most people generally agreeable to your statement that flatheads are preferred?

Pilchard":d1341a3t said:
gasman":d1341a3t said:
Pilchard":d1341a3t said:
Forgive the dumb question but are there two different types of catfish in your picture? Blue and channel? If so which do you prefer for table fare?

Are most people generally agreeable to your statement that flatheads are preferred?

Yeah. I think most would agree.

Pilchard":2s1ijt92 said:
gasman":2s1ijt92 said:
Pilchard":2s1ijt92 said:

ABSOLUTELY! Great catch tho, I'd take em anyday. :) Fished all day yesterday at Watts Bar. seen loads of fish on the drop-offs and ledges, couldn't get my buddy away from the bank. Oh well, his boat. Mine's out of commission till I get my trolling mtr fixed.

Latest posts

Back