• Help Support TNDeer:

Center Hill Saturday????

Football Hunter

How do you think the cold snap,and lake turn over will effect them? Fishing the Cedar City there this weekend.Anyone been fishing?Lake is off limits to me this weekend? A rig and spinner bait im thinking.

I always love the lake turning over. Get on them transitions where the murky water meets the clearer water and hold on. The fishing is really picking up down there. I would imaging you will see a lot of ARIGS being thrown. I always do good down there on a crankbait. Good Luck

It seems that once they have moved up and start biting pre-spawn which they have that cold fronts make them mad and want to bite vs. the norm of getting the lock jaw on other lakes. I have had some very good days on Center Hill this time of year after a cold front.

I've been out every day since last Saturday with the exception of Wednesday and today was definitely a lot slower. Surface temp at Ragland was 48 at 6 this morning, and 57 up the lake around 10. All fish were caught in 10 fow or less. We only fished till noon today tho.

A buddy of mine took off Thursday and caught 103 bass on the hill. He kept texting me pics while I was stuck at work which was frustrating. Give or take around 30 smallmouth, 20 largemouth and 50 Ky's.

Football Hunter":fro91861 said:
I caught at least 50,just not enough big ones.TNLarry,2 guys had over 18,couple with 16,they were biting.Had ice in my guides first couple hours.

I heard that they bit pretty good. The cold weather usually makes them mad this time of year down there. We had a tournament at Dale Hollow on Saturday, and they bit good there too. I took little man yesterday afternoon, and we caught them pretty good.

mathews338":21r885xa said:
A buddy of mine took off Thursday and caught 103 bass on the hill. He kept texting me pics while I was stuck at work which was frustrating. Give or take around 30 smallmouth, 20 largemouth and 50 Ky's.

That's crazy isn't it. I heard that he had absolutely smoked them. It was one of those kind of days though with clouds, wind, rain, and a cold front moving through.

anyone know if there are any open tourneys going on this weekend out of Ragland ? We're gonna fish and figured might as well be for money since we're there.

There is one on Friday and Saturday starting at 7. I think Fri entry is $25 per person. Sat is the Ragland Bottom Open. $40 per person and $25 membership per person for first tourney fished.

Guessing around 20 or so on Fri and probably close to 50 on Sat. I have one at Dale Hollow on Sat or I'd be there. We had two tournament series with conflicting dates and had to decide which one to fish.

Latest posts

Back