• Help Support TNDeer:

Center Hill?

nitro_z17

I'm interested in fishing there. I went there the other day to hurricane marina. I'd say that would be a nightmare when busy. Then right before the bridge is another ramp at the campgrounds. Is there any just plane ramp areas?

Where are you coming from? The Hurricane Bridge ramp is in that same area that you were at. If you are coming from the I-40 on Hwy 56, the ramp is on the right immediately before you go over the bridge. You will pass where you turn off 56 to get to Hurricane Marina and keep going. It's not far from there on the right. If you are coming from Smithville on 56, then you cross the bridge, and the turn is on the left.

You also mention the campground which is Floating Mills. The ramp before the campground is an independent ramp of the campground. You can put in there too. The campground has its on ramp.

This shows the Corps public use areas.

http://www.lrn.usace.army.mil/Portals/4 ... 0Guide.pdf

nitro_z17":cq87btx8 said:
ragland bottom?
cookeville boat dock?

Those are both places with no problem to put in. Most tournaments go out of Ragland Bottom. I put in at the Cookeville Boatdock quite a bit as I live very close.

nitro_z17":1gv62ipp said:
i can come from sparta 70. or I40 east

Depending on the area of the lake that you want to fish, Ragland will be the closest coming from Sparta on 70. You turn off of 70 to get to Ragland. If you are coming from 40 east, either Hurricane Bridge or Cookeville Boatdock is about the same.

Johnsons chapel Is a few miles closer than Ragland off of 70 also and it's maybe 2 miles by lake from Cookeville boat dock. No pay and plenty of parking. 'Dublin' or river watch is on the other side of 70 about the same distance as johnsons and will put you 6 miles up the lake from Ragland, also no pay and decent amount of parking.

Latest posts

Back