• Help Support TNDeer:

Center Hill

Spurhunter

I'm on the west side but I never hear any mention of it. I watched a fishing show today that was filmed there and the guy caught some nice LM and spots. None of our members fish there? I was intrigued.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Grandslam11":jmjtjo2g said:
It's a tough lake. I live 15 minutes from it but drive an hour to Dale Hollow if that tells you anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This guy made it look easy but he said the water is much dirtier than normal.

WTM":e0qmc7xl said:
ive been aiming to go up there some day to catch some brutegills. did they ever fix the dam to where the lake would hold more water?
According to the tv guy that's why the water is so dirty. It came up really fast after they finished the dam.

Pretty sure it's still down. Here's the gauge-

Attachments

• 5DD313FC-7BD0-423F-902A-BE9B1BEBCA13.png
    5DD313FC-7BD0-423F-902A-BE9B1BEBCA13.png
    45 KB · Views: 1,631
MickThompson":3b4k3kfr said:
Pretty sure it's still down. Here's the gauge-

yeah i had read on the COE site that they dropped it to rebuild some boat ramps or something.

one thing for sure, there should be some good weeds, brush and timber that may have grown up in the creeks to provide some good cover while that water was down for so long.

Been fishing the lake for 45 years. The lake has been drawn down for the last 11 years. The dam work was supposed to be completed in 2014 so who knows when it will be done. The backs of most pockets have trees growing now and all the banks have weeds that will be covered if /when they raise the lake back to normal pool. The COE has kept the lake around 15 feet below normal summer pool since the dam work started. It's a good lake for all three species of bass. It gets tough in the hot of summer like most lakes. Never have targeted big bream but have pulled some good shell crackers off the beds in the spring. Just been difficult the last few years with the flooding. Good crappie fishing also but that's been difficult too with the flooding the last couple years.

That white Triton you had spent many hours on Center Hill. I live 5 mins from it and spend most of my fishing time there. It's a good lake, but you have to be versatile to catch them year round.

Latest posts

Back