• Help Support TNDeer:

chickamauagula boat ramps

WTM

oldest son sold his house in spring city and moving to soddy daisy. there is a boat ramp down the street from his house. dallas bay rd. does anyone know if this ramp is private or public. or if there are any ramps in that area that would be good to launch from.

thanks

I'm sure he's familiar with them but a place he may want to ask is at soddy custom tackle. They are great people and would let him know of issues and the best places. The issue I've heard seen is that some places around have issues with getting stuff stolen.

ok thanks. yeah heard about the thieves. ill drop by that store when i go up in two weeks and check things out. didnt have to worry much on whites creek but did have to pay a ramp fee, which i dont mind doing either.

oldest son sold his house in spring city and moving to soddy daisy. there is a boat ramp down the street from his house. dallas bay rd. does anyone know if this ramp is private or public. or if there are any ramps in that area that would be good to launch from.

thanks
Shoot me a pm

thanks
sent you a pm

There's a good ramp off of Hickson Pike if memory serves me...

I don't remember the name of the road that it's on, but you turn off Hickson Pike by an old cemetery... It's fairly close too Steve's Landing... a great place too eat!

It's very crowded during peak season, probably not so much this time of the year...

Chester Frost is another that's not too far from Soddy. Good Luck over there!

I think the one on Dallas Bay is pretty steep ... with not much of an area too park your vehicle...

As mentioned above, some of the ramps are in isolated areas.....

Last edited:
There's a good ramp off of Hickson Pike if memory serves me...

I don't remember the name of the road that it's on, but you turn off Hickson Pike by an old cemetery... It's fairly close too Steve's Landing... a great place too eat!

It's very crowded during peak season, probably not so much this time of the year...

Chester Frost is another that's not too far from Soddy. Good Luck over there!

I think the one on Dallas Bay is pretty steep ... with not much of an area too park your vehicle...

As mentioned above, some of the ramps are in isolated areas.....
The one you're probably talking about off Hixson like near Steve's landing would either be the better ramp that we call Holly Pond circle, there's another one down the road from Steve's landing and it's also near cemetery and it's at Yaphank bridge on Armstrong road. There's one off Hixson pike close to dallas bay that is next to a boat marina and if it's the one I'm thinking about I'm pretty sure it's been under construction for a little while. Also as a reminder the ramps at Chester Frost will be closed this summer for ramp repairs cause as of right now if you back down far you can seriously mess up a boat trailer. There's other smaller ramps but they can be iffy. The ramp up in Possum Creek is a good one to use.

The ramp up in Possum Creek is a good one to use.
Any clue if the Possum Creek ramp still charges a fee?
I don't mind paying since I only go once a year or so.. but it'd be aggravating for someone who lives close by.

I don't mind paying since I only go once a year or so.. but it'd be aggravating for someone who lives close by.
Honestly I haven't paid in forever. I went over to the campground office a couple years ago to get a pass for my truck and the guy said they weren't charging. The cable hasn't been up in a LONG time and I've never had any problems. Now take that as you wish but yea I think the "enforcement" is lacking.

Also why in the world TVA approved a huge boat dock to be put on the creek channel is INSANE. You know when you head out of the creek and that church camp on your left heading out close to the mouth of the creek. Well directly across from that will be this 15 bay or so floating dock and that's the most narrow park of the creek channel and it's in the deepest part. Hopefully this summer everyone pays attention or there will be so serious accidents with wake boats and jet skis. Hopefully they move the dock but I doubt it

Latest posts

Back