• Help Support TNDeer:

Chickamauga Crappie Bite is on!

rsimms

We always start catching some pre-spawn crappie in February but things are really kicking in right now. Obviously the warm weather is a key ingredient. Chickamauga water temperatures are WAY up... mid-50's on the main river channel where there is lots of current flow, but I saw 65 degree water in a feeder creek today. That is absolutely unheard of in February!

There's no telling what this weirdness is going to do over the next month. I typically tell folks I prefer the last two weeks of March and first week of April. But this year Mother Nature might throw me a curve ball.

I'm not catching limits yet, but we're starting to catch excellent numbers. To be specific this AM we had 20 solid slabs. Moral of the story is... if you usually wait until March or April to crappie fish, you better not wait this year!

For those who don't know, I'm a fishing guide. And just in case your curious, most of my available crappie fishing dates are already booked - maybe just one or two primetime days still open. However my partner, Sam Simons still has a few weekend dates open. Now you know. :D

Attachments

• ed.JPG
    ed.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 602
  • summer_ellie1.jpg
    summer_ellie1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 606
  • summer_ellie2.jpg
    summer_ellie2.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 605
larry ipock":3433ns8w said:
Oh my! Looks like a super day. I wish Norris had half the numbers of Crappie Chickamauga and Watts Bar had. Are you trolling? And how deep if I may ask?

Yes, my preferred method is longline trolling. Right now mostly in 10-20 feet of water. Early morning bite is best.... be fishing at daylight or stay home. ;)

Latest posts

Back