• Help Support TNDeer:

Chuck Swan by water?

bobthebowhunter

I know Chuck Swan WMA isn't necessarily a hot spot, but wouldn't it be cool to camp out on one of the islands and scoot over to the WMA in the boat. It would be a good way to make the most out of your draw hunt. Just camp out the days you get drawn.

Who's done it? It would be a lot of work, but sounds like fun.

You are not allowed to enter by water on draw hunts. But on turkey hunt this year we took the boat with us since you can only hunt till 12 made for an awesome trip hunt the morning and fish the evening. Better than sitting around camp all evening!

muzzy smackdown said:
You are not allowed to enter by water on draw hunts. But on turkey hunt this year we took the boat with us since you can only hunt till 12 made for an awesome trip hunt the morning and fish the evening. Better than sitting around camp all evening!
you are correct,they will eat you up for entering from a boat!!!

i wish they would have a early bow hunt up there, and try to grow the herd. i go up there to shoot often stroll around on the atv, and spend a weekend up there at squirrel fest every year. i love the place, but dont really like to deer hunt it

i would like to see them put food plots back in instead of the bushed over fields they have now,they havnt had the fuel to bushhog in three seasons its getting kind of rediculous and the deer and turkey are suffering

Wow I didn't know you couldn't go in by boat. That's a stupid rule IMO. It would be a good tactic to get the edge on other hunters. Oh well just a thought.

bobthebowhunter said:
Wow I didn't know you couldn't go in by boat. That's a stupid rule IMO. It would be a good tactic to get the edge on other hunters. Oh well just a thought.

It is also a good tactic used by Marijuana growers and poachers. Thus the rule.

Diehard Hunter said:
It is also a good tactic used by Marijuana growers and poachers. Thus the rule.
Pitiful excuse IMO. Instead of addressing the real problem, let's make everyone, most who are innocent, pay. This is the easy way out and seems to be the norm for where things are headed these days.

some people have done it because there is no way when the gate opens and your one of the first in get to your spot and get flashed with a light with no vehicles around always somebody that breaks the rules

Latest posts

Back