• Help Support TNDeer:

Church's family fishing day

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
A couple of my hunting buddies and I hosted our church's family fishing day this past Saturday. The 3 of us put this stringer together in a couple of hours while running around helping everyone else net fish, get hooks out, and whatever else was needed. Had 25 folks fishing, and every family group took home more than enough for a fish fry. We donated ours to someone that had a big family, but not enough fish to feed them all.

Attachments

• 20210612_104049.jpg
    20210612_104049.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 138
A couple of my hunting buddies and I hosted our church's family fishing day this past Saturday. The 3 of us put this stringer together in a couple of hours while running around helping everyone else net fish, get hooks out, and whatever else was needed. Had 25 folks fishing, and every family group took home more than enough for a fish fry. We donated ours to someone that had a big family, but not enough fish to feed them all.
Very nice where did you fish at I say a pond probably west Tn or ms? Am I even close just guessing. Great story like to hear good things once in a while!

Very nice where did you fish at I say a pond probably west Tn or ms? Am I even close just guessing. Great story like to hear good things once in a while!
It is indeed a pond in West TN. Belongs to one of our church members, and TWRA graciously puts in some fish for us. It is a public event and outreach to the community when we do it, and we get the same considerations as city parks, state parks, and other locations that go through them for a stocking. I believe this year they put in 300-400 pounds of fish, and most of that weight was caught out. The pond was stocked privately, and there are some fish that were caught that were already in the pond, and some that were stocked in for this that weren't caught. It balances out, and keeps the gene pool in the pond from stagnating.

It is indeed a pond in West TN. Belongs to one of our church members, and TWRA graciously puts in some fish for us. It is a public event and outreach to the community when we do it, and we get the same considerations as city parks, state parks, and other locations that go through them for a stocking. I believe this year they put in 300-400 pounds of fish, and most of that weight was caught out. The pond was stocked privately, and there are some fish that were caught that were already in the pond, and some that were stocked in for this that weren't caught. It balances out, and keeps the gene pool in the pond from stagnating.
That's great they do that and great for you guys to share Jesus fed how many with very little God bless and keep up the great work!

Latest posts

Back