• Help Support TNDeer:

Connection to battery?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Ok so now I have the correct wire ran from my trolling motor plug in and now I need to connect to my battery.
I want to connect it to the threaded posts so that I don't have to worry about them being in the way when I charge my battery via the regular posts.
This is what I have always used.
When I stepped up in wire size these seem to be problematic ie: hard to get them crimped down good enough that the wire stays tight in them.
Is there a better option out there or do I need to just crimp it better?

connection.jpg

Ruger I used these with heat shrink tubing to cover the ends -
You can also get them on Amazon...can be crimped or soldered

I make my own out of 3/8 copper tubing.. Cut a 2" section of tube and crimp one end flat in a vice. Drill proper size hole for battery post.
Put shrink tube on wire, put terminal on wire and crimp. Heat terminal with torch and solder to wire. Shrink tubing over connection.
I never have a store bought one when I need it and they tend to be WAY over priced so I make my own as needed.

I make my own out of 3/8 copper tubing.. Cut a 2" section of tube and crimp one end flat in a vice. Drill proper size hole for battery post.
Put shrink tube on wire, put terminal on wire and crimp. Heat terminal with torch and solder to wire. Shrink tubing over connection.
I never have a store bought one when I need it and they tend to be WAY over priced so I make my own as needed.
I do that sometimes , too .

Latest posts

Back