• Help Support TNDeer:

Crappie lures ?

dmonty

What is your go to crappie lures. I have mostly used 1/16 oz hair jigs under a float. I tip with minnows sometimes but mostly bare jig. This being said it is hard to find good hair jigs and they are expensive,3.99 per 6. It seems to me there is alot of soft plastics being sold for crappie fishing, does anyone use these and if so how do you fish them?

i got a bunch, lol. charlie brewers, gulp, bobby garlands, creme, and some mr crappie ones that he came out with last year, shadpoles which i didnt catch one fish on those last year. i caught more fish on some creme brand 2" curly tail shad in green-blue and chartreuse on a roadrunner jig head. i use 1/8 oz jig heads and sometimes 1/16 oz when they are finiky and have to slow it down. i cast and deadstick jigs and sometimes use floats. i have an assortment of colors but usually in clear water or slightly stained ill go with colors on the natural side like green/chartreuse, blue/chartreuse, blue/white. in murkey water ill use the brighter colors usually pink/chartreuse.

Crappie magnets.. Panfish assassins.. And Bobby garland(not pictured).. And chartreuse crappie nibbles when I feel like messin w em

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 846

Latest posts

Back