• Help Support TNDeer:

Crappie Under the Lights

rsimms

My outdoor writer friend, Brent Frazee, wrote an article for CrappieNOW online m,agazine that inspired me to revisit a technique I haven't used in decades. Fishing under the lights at night used to be incredibly popular around here but for most folks it seems to have gone by the wayside.
To say it worked well for me is an understatement! Maybe you might want to try catching night time crappie under the lights. Here's how it worked for me: https://newschannel9.com/sports/outdoor ... or-crappie
FYI, Brent has a lot more great tips in the August Edition of CrappieNOW online magazine, due to go hot in the next few days. Visit http://www.CrappieNow.com for that.

Attachments

• depth_finder.jpg
    depth_finder.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 1,637
  • night_crappie1.jpg
    night_crappie1.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 1,640
  • night_crappie5.jpg
    night_crappie5.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,636
Grew up back home in Florida catching "Specks" that way. We'd rig and waterproof 12 volt, 60 watt bulbs with pvc frames to fit in rod holders on each side of boat. We'd use the same lights to shrimp and Bully Net lobsters(Crawfish) with also.

we had a discussion on this a couple of threads ago. blueball said he caught them under the lights as well. ive always cast out in the light/dark edge area until i find the depth. will need to try jigging under the light next time. thanks for the tip.

Once the summer hits and it's blazing hot during the day I strictly go to night fishing for crappie. Truth be told I enjoy it 1000x more cause usually no boat traffic and no sun beating down on you but the only drawback is once I start to fish I can't seemed to stop even when my alarm on my watch goes off telling me it's 1 A.M. and after a few nights it's starts to catch up with me and I dread work the next day lol

Sounds like a great night, What kind(brand) light is that and where can I get them from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back