• Help Support TNDeer:

Crappies a biting!

shopson

D32%202%20limits%203-21-15_zpsxfzkdfoa.jpg

Me and my son went to Douglas lake Saturday morning and had these two limits by 11:30, all on fly and minnow in average of 20 feet of water.

Took a friend this morning and we had two limits by 10:30. Lots of fun with good company and good eating ahead.

Great job. Hearing some good things about Douglas lately. Either people's been keeping a lid on it for some time or its coming along well on the size and numbers. Buddy of mine lives here in Etowah spends his weekends on Douglas crappie guiding. Got a monster G3 center console and spider rigs. Great guy if you happen to run into him (Eddie Beasley). Great mess of fish there. Did your son have a good time? Wanted to take mine (5) but making him set still for over 2hrs is almost impossible. I got to wait for that upcoming 2 week window when he's so busy reeling them in he's exhausted and falls asleep for the next two hours. Great job.

Fairchaser we were not spider rigging. Just a minnow and fly dropped over the side of the boat in about 20 ft and I would hit the trolling moter occasionaly just to keep us moving.

Poleaxe that is my son in the pic. Only thing that would have made it better for him would to have beaten the old man in total fish.

shopson":x28qxphe said:
Fairchaser we were not spider rigging. Just a minnow and fly dropped over the side of the boat in about 20 ft and I would hit the trolling moter occasionaly just to keep us moving.

Poleaxe that is my son in the pic. Only thing that would have made it better for him would to have beaten the old man in total fish.

Yal dad's never let us live that down either. All I wanted to do last year was to smoke my old man in the Ropers Chickamauga crappie slam. Was up 1.4lbs after first day. He beat us by .02 Oz on sunday. He brings it up to remind me weekly. Their will be redemption.

We caught limits three days in a roll on Douglas this past weekend. Not hard to figure where the fish are, boats are piled up! Everyone catching fish and having a great time. I will say the fish size are off from last year though, average size this year so far about 12" last year I was culling Crappie that size.

We caught ours in about 12' to 16' and the fish suspended anywhere from 4' to 8'. Its on like Donkey Kong at Douglas!!!!! :super:

Latest posts

Back