• Help Support TNDeer:

Custom Fishing Tackle

BARhunter

I fish a local tournament trail with a great friend and co-worker, whom I have known for over 25 years. He's a great fisherman and a true friend!

For years he has been painting and creating custom fishing tackle. He and I have had great success with many of his custom baits.

He has finally committed to opening his own business and sharing his passion with other anglers. Please check out his website: https://www.bacustombaits.com/

Moderators, please feel free to move this post if this is not the proper forum.

TNReb":2xzt0vmc said:
Nice looking stuff. I may order.

Just a thought - and I'm not trying to be critical - only mentioning this to possibly keep him out of trouble. He may have already did his homework though...

At one time, ZMan had a patent for attaching a blade directly to the line tie. I'm not sure if it has expired or anything. Most other "bladed jigs" you see (other than ZMan) use a split ring to attach the blade to the line tie.

Also, ZMan had rights to the name "Chatterbait". Everyone else calls it a bladed jig, a shaker, or something else.

I wouldn't want him to get a cease & desist letter from ZMan.

Thanks for the information! I have passed this information on to my friend.

Update & clarification for everyone:

The bladed jigs my friend is selling are referred to as "Banger Baits". Any reference to the custom baits that was on the website that used the word(s) "Chatterbait" or "Chatter" has been removed from the website. All pictures of his previous versions of his "Banger Baits" have also been removed. He will be modifying his "Banger Baits" so they will be compliant with the patents that are currently on file for Z-Man baits. Updated pictures of the modified "Banger Baits" will be available on the website very soon.

Thanks for the heads up "TNReb"!!

Latest posts

Back