• Help Support TNDeer:

DA or Mr.Big

KENBOB10

What power scope would be the max in shooting a .308. I really like my scope which is a Nikon Prostaff 3x9. My problem is I have a pair of Pentax 16x25 power compact binocs and when I spot a deer and put my rifle up it looks really small. I shoot 180 gr core lock bullets and accuracy is no problem.

Look at the nikon monarch series. You already have a nikon so you know they make good scopes. The monarch is several steps above the prostaff. The prostaff has 90% light transmission. The monarch has 95% light transmission. They have a 3-12 and a 4-16. Its as good if not better than anything else in its price range. Best prices are on ebay. Just make sure the seller has good feedback.

Agree with JimFromTN.....I have two Monarch UCC 4X12X40. Light transmission and clarity are excellent. Have never tried the higher dollar scopes, but see no need to do so.

mr.big said:
I had an 8-25 Leupold,,it sux for deer hunting,,3.5-10 is biggest I would put on a deerrifle,,

same here. I had a 4.5-14 and it was too much on the low end.
I haven't had a good experience from Nikons. I had a Monarch. I sold the POS and got a VX-III. Best thing I ever did.

3-9or10 is just right for sitting in the woods but useable for fields. 4.5-14 is just right for sitting on a field but useable for woods. That's how I would sum it up.

Latest posts

Back