• Help Support TNDeer:

Dale hollow whooped me...

catman529

I was after the mighty mirror carp that live in that lake, as I caught my biggest ever last year in May.

I couldn't reserve the same campsite so I found a good one a few miles up the lake. Last three years I had a whole week, this year only a weekend.

A buddy was going with me, but he bailed the day before, so I headed out and enjoyed the lake alone. No complaints, I love the place any way

Got there Friday midday and left today (Sunday) around midday. Found a couple good flats off the side of points, these are good places to find carp. Used a lot of cream corn for chum and regular canned corn for chum and bait. Usually works pretty good.

Fishing was tough...not much surface carp activity, never really saw carp rolling like they do. and only one small smallmouth made it to the boat when I fished the bluffs. He turned into a sammich. I also caught some baby bream and ran 4 limb lines and one jug with no luck. Usually I'd catch at least a channel cat or a flathead. I hardly did any trolling this year, just a couple passes. Did see some night fishing boats and I'm sure they were doing better than me.

I'm already thinking of going back during the juvy deer hunt at the end of October, the only time I won't be deer hunting in the fall. Carp will be feeding up for the winter and I imagine smallmouth fishing will be better during the day, and heck maybe walleye too.

There ain't a fish like those huge and very elusive carp in the lake. Some of y'all might not get it, but catch one and see what I mean. Good luck catching one though.

Well dale hollow is one place I can enjoy camping and fishing even when the fishing is tough. Never really "got into" the fish there, it's always been a fish here and there. I'd have to live on the lake to know how to fish it, but I will be back again soon.

8512bb64a6bb2b6f5a26be9a8b0b9208.jpg
773897cd8419e1939d20b9a1aa1a9ead.jpg
68f9283176f6e936496d870c6fca85df.jpg
917a563eb62e63304dd16da3c2c32c32.jpg

Sent from the talk of tap

Carp are not for me, but better luck next time. I would make the fall trip like you mentioned if possible. The bite should be better. As usual,nice pics!

Sorry I couldn't get loose to meet up with you cat. If you come back in the Fall I will know you're coming and will plan on meeting up with you either at the lake or at my house for sure.
Maybe we can troll some minnows around a few of the bluffs I used to fish for Smallies

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

Tennessee Lead":198ed24l said:
Sorry I couldn't get loose to meet up with you cat. If you come back in the Fall I will know you're coming and will plan on meeting up with you either at the lake or at my house for sure.
Maybe we can troll some minnows around a few of the bluffs I used to fish for Smallies

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker
I'm thinking of juvi weekend cause it may be the only time in the fall I can pull away from deer hunting lol. Will meet up for sure

Sent from the talk of tap

Latest posts

Back