• Help Support TNDeer:

Debunking the Solunar Tables

agelessssone

We went with a guide, bass fishing, on the 17th of July. I actually picked that day because the Solunar Tables said it was a 96% day, meaning fish and game should be active.
3 guys fished 7 hours, 2 fish caught total.
Fished with a friend today, Tables says its a 15% day, didn't expect much.
Fished from 6 AM-7:10 AM, 20 hybrids landed, a few more lost.
Guess I can toss the Solunar tables cause they are a hoax.

I remember (waaayyyy back) the Bassmaster Magazine had the tables and they were NEVER reliable. I look at those tables like horoscopes...lo.l...

not really, it is more useful for panfish than it is bass as proved by ralph mann with his data. he even went on to say that bass over 5 pounds were unpredictable. mainly because of shad forage also not being affected by solunar times, where as insect hatches are predictable by solunar times. the main forage of panfish.

looks like you still hit the major period window though.

Last edited:
not really, it is more useful for panfish than it is bass as proved by ralph mann with his data. he even went on to say that bass over 5 pounds were unpredictable. mainly because of shad forage also not being affected by solunar times, where as insect hatches are predictable by solunar times. the main forage of panfish.

looks like you still hit the major period window though.
It is not so much of the major period as it is knowing WHERE the fish are and sitting on them with their preferred food.
Caught the same amount of fish two days prior at the same time at a different location in a different time frame.

I use the charts on a couple different apps. It is hit or miss, BUT, I have more luck chasing bass in cloudy conditions vs. blue bird days. Figuring out the right lure is also key for me. Bass is a game of chess no doubt. I do not use any electronics at all.

Latest posts

Back