• Help Support TNDeer:

Dec 17, Garrett Lake

Nada, not a fish. I was armed with minnows and used three colors of jigs and couldn't get a bite. I am beginning to wonder if there are very many crappie in there now. Even threw out a power worm on trout magnet jig head to see if a gill would take it. Did see one deer hunter that had boated to the levee area and I saw two ducks. No one fishing.

Of course I guess the rain raised the water level pretty good and the fronts have been rolling through and I really ain't worth a crap at catching most of the time. :lol:

I knew Ky lake was probably up pretty good from seeing the river at I-40 bridge yesterday. However it was about as good as it gets in December to be out there. I needed a fishing trip. It was pretty peaceful and helped me unwind after driving 8 hrs Thursday, five hrs on Saturday and 9hrs on Sunday from visiting my son in Athens,GA and niece in SC.

TheLBLman":vhdfyx95 said:
woodyard":vhdfyx95 said:
She spends most of her time looking for squirrels.
Guess there's not many birds left in your area?
I can remember when there were a lot in the Garrett Lake area.

I haven't seen a wild quail on my farm in probably 20 years or longer. In 1980 there were three coveys that mostly stayed on my little acreage plus two or three right around it. Yes there were a lot around Garrett when I was young and we always had bird dogs. I was raised within a couple of miles or so from it.

Latest posts

Back