• Help Support TNDeer:

Different trout strategy

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
TWRA released trout into city ponds in my area every Winter.
They are placed there specifically as "put & take" trout.
They will inevitably die this coming Spring & Summer.

Yesterday they had a fishing event at Martin.
They released several large rainbows (3+ pounders) and a few albinos.
One albino weighs 8 pounds.

I got to go yesterday but only had about an hour to fish. I only caught one small trout so I turned it back.

I am thinking about going again today after church. I would REALLY like to catch that big albino.

The pond is probably 10 acres maybe?
Not huge but pretty large to try and locate the trout.
From what I have seen they just kinda move around and don't really stay in one area too long.
I was thinking about trying something.
Might not be ethical, or even legal, I dunno.

Thought about taking a few handfuls of small rocks.
My thinking is these fish were born in captivity and I assume they are fed by throwing out buckets of fish food?
Well I thought I might set up with a line on a float with powerbait on it along with my rooster tails and chunk out a few handfuls of rocks to imitate the sound of food being thrown into the water.

Then just hang tight and fish.

Waste of time and rocks?
Unethical?
Legal?

Forget the rocks , throw the corn out by the handfuls, then give it a little time. They will come. I don't remember anything I have seen about it being illegal. Or throw out some popcorn shrimp, remember all those guides in AR.

Well it was cold and the wind was rough but that was fun.
6 pound test on the joker
18" 2.1 pounds

Attachments

• BA9F73B6-2223-4517-821E-1B4B7DB5177D.jpeg
    BA9F73B6-2223-4517-821E-1B4B7DB5177D.jpeg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,989
Nice trout. The post above about the corn..when I was a teen, my grandfather and I fish the Sequatchie river like that. Stop by the corn crib and grabbed a couple cobs of feed corn, and just plopped in a couple kernels at a time. Caught some of the biggest red-eye I've ever seen.

Nice! Is that the lake at the park with the ball fields? I'll have to tell Addison for when he heads there next fall. Anything outdoors to keep his mind off being 4hrs from home. ;)

NAjoe":30vp1s4z said:
Nice! Is that the lake at the park with the ball fields? I'll have to tell Addison for when he heads there next fall. Anything outdoors to keep his mind off being 4hrs from home. ;)

Yes sir that's it.

When he gets here if he ever needs anything just holler at me.

RUGER":3txp611n said:
NAjoe":3txp611n said:

Yes sir that's it.

When he gets here if he ever needs anything just holler at me.
Will do! Thanks again!

Most of my carp are caught over handfuls of canned corn. Kroger sells a big #10 can for like 5 bucks. Chum it up! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back