• Help Support TNDeer:

do you wear your life jacket when the big motor is running?

do you wear your life jacket when the big motor is running?

• sometimes

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • always

Votes: 42 60.0%
  • never

Votes: 6 8.6%

• Total voters
Re: do you wear your life jacket when the big motor is runni

Yes

listen ..........God is talking he said use jackstands......

Friend of mine 73. Years young was fishing Sunday as we took both boats. I left yearly and he stayed trying to get his 15 for crappie. Got a fish hung on the back of the boat and as he was standing on the back a boat came by and the wake caused him to loss his balance and fall in. He couldn't get back in the boat. No life jacket. Had to swim to bank and almost drowned. Please slow down when you in the creeks and I'm headed to buy one of the small life vest that self inflates. Boaters need to keep in mind your liabile for damage caused by you wake. Let's try to be more curtius to one another. Two bass fisherman helped my friend and if there on here a big thanks. They even helped him load his boat back at the ramp.

"small life vest that self inflates"

yep, thats what i have. sometimes i forget i have it on :tu:

Tennessee Lead":ayd0a2bo said:
Yes sir I ain't a swimmer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not a floater either....

listen ..........God is talking he said use jackstands......

Ever time the big motor is running! Only takes one time for an accident to happen!

Along with wearing your life jacket while the big motor is running, let's all make sure our kill switch cord is connected to our life jacket! Attaching the kill switch cord is a must do thing!! Just a friendly reminder! :tu:

rsimms":23yupn7o said:
Me (and my clients) wear CO2 belts ALL THE TIME!!!

Mr. Simms introduced me to these belts and they are wonderful. I always wear mine no matter how hot it gets outside.

I wear the CO2 vest. It's really lightweight and doesn't interfere with movement or fishing.

7mm08":th0im5j7 said:
rsimms":th0im5j7 said:
Me (and my clients) wear CO2 belts ALL THE TIME!!![/[Youtube]quote][/Youtube]

Do you feel those are enough in turbulent waters below dams? Just asking.

Buddy of mine in Maine called them " body markers"
I have heard them called the same.
I always wear a regular life jacket.

I'm an excellent swimmer and I always wear mine with a kill cord attached when running the big motor, but TBH I also thought it was a law or regulation to do so. I took my 7 yr old out on the boat for her first time Thursday and she fell in love with fishing. I'm currently searching for something to wear even when the motor is not running myself. No matter how good a swimmer you are, if you fall and hit your head it doesn't matter. I would NEVER want to put my child thru an ordeal like that.

Both of my kids are excellent swimmers as well and actually on swim teams but I make them wear a jacket from launch to load.

ETA: After posting I noticed my avatar! LOL! It's my 14 yr old son when he was about 8ish catching a fish WITH his life jacket on. LOL!

Wear a CO2 automatic/manual when always in the boat, wish everyone would wear one at all times, don't have to worried about making a missed step or inexperienced boaters trying to operate on the water.

I have a pull cord vest that stays in my yak most times for fishing below center hill dam. I keep 2 vest in my tin boat but never wear em unless below a dam and then I wear the pull cord. Maybe should wear that pull cord all the time. Or fix the kill switch so it kills if I fall overboard while running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back