• Help Support TNDeer:

East Tennessee flyfishing spots

buckaroo

My brother in law is coming to visit from Denmark for a couple of weeks in late April. His job is a world traveler flyfisherman!!! He is on the cover of magazines with fantastic fish, and he only flyfishes. When he comes I'd like to take him somewhere local but my flyfishing skills are not so good, has anyone got info to help me out?

I am not able to fish the banks any more but one of my sons goes to Cherokee North Carolina. He catches his limit almost every time he goes over. All of the small streams in the Smokies have trout. Hope this helps.

Any where in the park would probably produce if the water warms up a little. Check out Little River Outfitters, sorry don't know how to post a link. There shop is in Townsend on Hwy. 321 which will lead you into the park. These guys eat sleep and breathe fly fishing. There is also a fishing report posted daily on their website with helpful info and tips.

Watagua River, South Fork of the Holston River, Clinch River below Norris, Holston River below Cherokee Dam are all places where fly fishermen have good luck.

Watauga and South Holston for sure, there numerous mountain streams all over, to many to list. North Carolina has some great streams as well.

South Holston and Watauga. I live 3 min from South Holston. Be real hard to beat. I would suggest weekday outings as the weekends get crazy crowded.
Car tags from all around. Just got to watch the private property "nuts" that think they own the river. He will need to comeback in the winter when the
big browns run the river to spawn.

SES":3g2ikp7m said:
Don't rule out the Little Pigeon in Sevierville for some GIANT smallmouth in April.

I've always wanted to fish it. I seem to remember when I was a kid watching TV, Orlando Wilson there wearing them out with minnows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back