• Help Support TNDeer:

EHD sightings

Akurn

Has anyone seen any evidence of a significant outbreak? I heard on the local radio news here that EHD is going to be bad this year and to report any sightings of infected deer to the TWRA.

I spoke to Chuck Yoest, the TWRA Statewide Deer coordinator at our QDMA meeting a couple days ago. He hasn't heard of any significant EHD outbreaks, but said he was concerned about fawn survival due to the drought conditions a couple weeks ago.

Pursuit Hunter said:
I spoke to Chuck Yoest, the TWRA Statewide Deer coordinator at our QDMA meeting a couple days ago. He hasn't heard of any significant EHD outbreaks, but said he was concerned about fawn survival due to the drought conditions a couple weeks ago.

Yeah, I'm not seeing as many fawns this year as I was at this time last year, and far less than the year before... Has me a little concerned, as my deer sightings overall were significantly down last hunting season, as well.

Probably a couple of more years before we have a big outbreak. Deer will build up an emunity to the desease then each year the emunity decreases slightly. That is why every 5 or 6 years you have a big out break due to the emunity loss.

Latest posts

Back