emergency walmart run.... Hunt cut short

catman529

I got in front of a big flock of turkeys walking right up to me. Shot at 2 of them. 1st arrow hit the bird, 2nd arrow ricocheted into no mans land. The bird ran away with a limp, leaving some blood. I lost both arrows. Only arrow left has a different broadhead that flies different. Now I've gotta drop 40 bucks that I may or may not have, find a stump to shoot to make sure it's accurate, and hopefully get in the woods in time to hunt the evening.

yamaha200

catman529 said:
I got in front of a big flock of turkeys walking right up to me. Shot at 2 of them. 1st arrow hit the bird, 2nd arrow ricocheted into no mans land. The bird ran away with a limp, leaving some blood. I lost both arrows. Only arrow left has a different broadhead that flies different. Now I've gotta drop 40 bucks that I may or may not have, find a stump to shoot to make sure it's accurate, and hopefully get in the woods in time to hunt the evening.
Dude, that's like going fishing with 1 hook ! LMAO Good stuff right there !

tasaman

Been there, done that same deal....TWICE! First one turkey flew away with my second to last arrow. Second time I hopped out of my tree stand right onto my arrows. I now know the sound of $60 bucks disappearing sounds like.

fishboy1

Pick up one of those diamond hook sharpners that are the size of a ball point pen. I keep one in my pack to touch up broadheads after I test shoot em into my block target.

catman529

fishboy1 said:
Pick up one of those diamond hook sharpners that are the size of a ball point pen. I keep one in my pack to touch up broadheads after I test shoot em into my block target.
good idea, thanks

Latest posts