• Help Support TNDeer:

Estes Park

Estes Park is awesome. We go most every year. You can see 75 elk standing in McDonalds parking lot.
IMG_3810.webp
IMG_3753.webp
IMG_2331.webp
IMG_3985.webp

Attachments

• IMG_3789.webp
    IMG_3789.webp
    724.5 KB · Views: 1
Did you go up Old Fall Rd? There is a big bowl up on the Mtn near the top. We watched 2 HUGE Shiras bulls there one time. You could see paddles for well over 1000 yards. We were hiking when we walked up on this cow moose along a creek. At first all I saw was her butt in the willows. 😳 We kept our distance not knowing if she had a calf. The sleeping bull….i wanted to go sneak around the back of him and smack him on the butt while he was sleeping. Figured I better not since I didn't wanna become a TikTok sensation😃
IMG_3903.webp
IMG_3976.webp
IMG_3966.webp
IMG_3967.webp

Did you go up Old Fall Rd? There is a big bowl up on the Mtn near the top. We watched 2 HUGE Shiras bulls there one time. You could see paddles for well over 1000 yards. We were hiking when we walked up on this cow moose along a creek. At first all I saw was her butt in the willows. 😳 We kept our distance not knowing if she had a calf. The sleeping bull….i wanted to go sneak around the back of him and smack him on the butt while he was sleeping. Figured I better not since I didn't wanna become a TikTok sensation😃View attachment 244096View attachment 244098View attachment 244099View attachment 244100
We took a Jeep ride up Old Fall Road to the top and then back down Trail Ridge Road. I think I know just where you're talking about - maybe called Horseshoe Park? This was our first time and we were blown away by the scenery and critters. Smart move to steer clear of the elk. Being on 'When Animals Attack', not a good thing. 😀

Latest posts

Back