• Help Support TNDeer:

Fall Transition for Bass

NumberOne

What are some tips/techniques that will be useful as the bass transition from their summer to fall patterns. I normally don't fish this time of year much as deer season becomes priority, but this year I will be fishing more. I fish Kentucky Lake so any patterns that you have had success in the past on this lake would be greatly appreciated.

Hit the pockets, sloughs, creeks off the main lake.. find where the baitfish are moving shallow and you'll find the bass.. Squarebills, shallow cranks, spinnerbaits, topwaters will work well.

spinnerbaits with willow leaf blades (they match the profile of baitfish), and shallow to medium running crankbaits
noisy chugger
suspending jerkbait

double browtine":3pn37wmg said:
When they school up in the creeks in all the bays, they feed on schools on shad. So a crankbait, rattletrap, and even the Alabama rig all work pretty good.

Yep. What he said. They'll start gorging on the shad in the shallow bays. Of course, the shad have to move up first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As the days get cooler I would definitely fish the topwater bite also. It can be killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back