• Help Support TNDeer:

Favorite Fishing Method For Bass

pastorofgrace

What is your favorite method of catching bass? Live bait, spinner bait, crank bait, jig and pig, plastic bait or _____________. And why? What is the largest bass you've caught on your favorite method?

Fly fishing with a popper. I love it when they jump out of the water and grab it before it hits the water! Caught a 8 pounder once on my fly rod. I wanted to jump out of the boat and catch it when I saw how big it was...didn't think I would ever get it in.

For as much fun as it is to catch a bass on top, I just love throwing streamers for them. The bite is just so aggressive and fish hit like they hate it. I have no idea about size, I've never measured or weighed one; never crossed my mind to do so. I guess I've never really caught one big enough that it mattered.
6c63deca94886ef3e19504b91f90999d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

12 foot "calcutta" pole, 6ft of 50# mono., and a 5in. jitterbug. Use "pole" as an outrigger to keep the jitterbug 3ft. off the bank. Troll up and down one of the many canals and ditches leading to and from The Everglades around the house back home. This was done at night with a good moon. Have caught a few hundred bass this way between 8 and 12 pounds. Biggest was a 14lber. Used to sell them to the Indians for 80 cents per pound. Made good money as a kid, selling them fish and froglegs, as well as other critters ;)

cowhunter71":kyjx8fyd said:
12 foot "calcutta" pole, 6ft of 50# mono., and a 5in. jitterbug. Use "pole" as an outrigger to keep the jitterbug 3ft. off the bank. Troll up and down one of the many canals and ditches leading to and from The Everglades around the house back home. This was done at night with a good moon. Have caught a few hundred bass this way between 8 and 12 pounds. Biggest was a 14lber. Used to sell them to the Indians for 80 cents per pound. Made good money as a kid, selling them fish and froglegs, as well as other critters ;)

Man, I ain't of that since I was a kid.

I catch myself loving whatever type of fishing that I'm doing well with at the time. I'm not trying to be a smart butt. What hurts me is I stay with whatever it is at the time too long. Like as a kid during football season football was my favorite sport to play but during baseball season I loved baseball. I just wish someone would be out there telling me that the pattern I've been fishing is over before I burn the whole day trying lol

Weightless whacky worm has become my favorite.
Dunno what it weighed but this was the biggest one so far on it.

Depends on when you ask me. Right now its hands down the "frog". the Mats down here are fickle but if you hit an active mat you can have some fun. Saturday night I had 9 blow ups and 6 good ones in 2.5 hours. I was having to dig the frog out of their throats. Other than that I really enjoy flipping with a short line and a stout rod.

Attachments

• frog.jpg
    frog.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,720

Latest posts

Back