• Help Support TNDeer:

Fawns????

bowriter

R.I.P.
Anybody starting to think the fawn crop maybe down a tad? According to my mostly innacurate records, I am not seeing as many fawns as I did week-week last year.

I was seeing them and getting alot of pics not long after their birth but now nothing to very few. I know drought can have a affect on them so I just wonder if that got alot of them.

The pics I pulled from cameras last week showed most of our does haven't even birthed yet. I still haven't gotten a fawn picture yet.

I am still seeing the same fawns. However I have noticed one fawn that seems to have been abandoned? I am still getting pics of the doe (has black spot on neck to identify) ISNT That what a doe does during droughts, abandon their fawns??????

I think the fawn recruitment locally has been okay. Not seen as much in the way compared to pass couple years...but we had a strong spring green up. So there is a lot of areas overgrown. I thik the fawns have plenty of places still yet to hide and stay out of the heat, and sight of hunters

With the # of coyotes in Tn these days, fawn recruitment rates must be suffering.

I recently bought a K9 trapping DVD by James Lord, a TN trapper. I was amazed at the # of yotes he was catching in TN. Having never been in the state, I didn't realize you all had so many.

Latest posts

Back