• Help Support TNDeer:

Fiberglass cane pole things

Tenntrapper

Anyone using those fiberglass cane pole things. I think they are marketed for crappie, but not really sure. Looks to be about 4-5' long, but it extends..kinda like a Chinese yo-yo. I'm wanting to get some cane poles, and was wondering how these work. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

i use the bnm black widows sometimes for dipping jigs in shallow brush and trees. i dont tie on to the end of the rod eye though. i run braid through the eye and wind it around the doo dads at the butt. then tie on a leader to the braid. that way i can hand strip the braid if i need to.

yeah at least the 10' black widows i have. have a soft tip for crappie and a strong midway down to the butt. like mick said they will lift channel cats. ive had these probably about 20 years and never broke one.

WTM":301vrj4n said:
yeah at least the 10' black widows i have. have a soft tip for crappie and a strong midway down to the butt. like mick said they will lift channel cats. ive had these probably about 20 years and never broke one.

Sounds good, thanks. I'll give them a try.

RUGER":18ycuaft said:
I have a couple that I haven't used in quite some time.
If we can work the logistics you are welcome to them.

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. My wife is bringing home a couple of the 10' black widows. With her discount, it's less than 16.00. Don't know if you could ship them for that. I do appreciate the offer though. Thanks

Latest posts

Back