• Help Support TNDeer:

Finally.......

Harvester

heard one gobble more than twice. Set up about 70-80 yards away and called softly a couple of times just let him know I was there and NOTHING. Tried a few more calls a bit later (10 to 15 minutes) Did not gobble anymore, waited him out to see if he was going to commit, still nothing. My only guess is he had hens with him and they took him the other way. Thats turkey hunting try again saturday morning. ;)

I heard two this morning, as soon as they hit the ground game over. Tried EVERYTHING that I know to try. Makes a person wonder it they suck at turkey hunting sometimes. :crazy:

Took a buddy yesterday, first bird we set up on gobbled 200 times on the limb, then pitched off the mtn and sailed 300 yards down the dam thing. He literally buzzed the top of my head when he pitched down. He hit the ground gobbled 10 times, then completely vanished. Left him, struck another bird which hammered me back on my first call, then went totally silent, we slipped in a little closer and finally got a hen to cluck back with a little soft coaxing, her and 3 others slid to about 20 yards and got cranked up cutting and clucking loudly, me going to town right with them. The gobbler never let out another peep. The hens left and we saw the longbeard trailing behind 7-9 hens in full strut.

Left there and went to another place and got jerked around by two birds on separate knobs which gobble at you when you were on the opposite knob, but as soon as you closed they went silent, meanwhile the bird you just left cranked back up.

Finally threw our hands in the air and called it a day. Crazy dam turkeys.

Setterman said:
Took a buddy yesterday, first bird we set up on gobbled 200 times on the limb, then pitched off the mtn and sailed 300 yards down the dam thing. He literally buzzed the top of my head when he pitched down. He hit the ground gobbled 10 times, then completely vanished. Left him, struck another bird which hammered me back on my first call, then went totally silent, we slipped in a little closer and finally got a hen to cluck back with a little soft coaxing, her and 3 others slid to about 20 yards and got cranked up cutting and clucking loudly, me going to town right with them. The gobbler never let out another peep. The hens left and we saw the longbeard trailing behind 7-9 hens in full strut.

Left there and went to another place and got jerked around by two birds on separate knobs which gobble at you when you were on the opposite knob, but as soon as you closed they went silent, meanwhile the bird you just left cranked back up.

Aint if always funny the birds sometimes going crazy are the ones on the other ridge or hilltop. Every time you call they answer but wont committ.

hunterchub said:
Setterman said:

Aint if always funny the birds sometimes going crazy are the ones on the other ridge or hilltop. Every time you call they answer but wont committ.

They love to play twisted little games, problem where we are hunting is that to get to them it is quite an undertaking.

Setterman said:
hunterchub said:
Setterman said:

They love to play twisted little games, problem where we are hunting is that to get to them it is quite an undertaking.

Thats turkey hunting and thats why I love it.

Latest posts

Back