• Help Support TNDeer:

First club tournament of the year! Results!

TNReb

We blasted off around 6:45. I think there were 41 boats. I was #13.

I get the signal and off I go. Cruising along.. for about 1 minute. I hit a floating/submerged... something. I never saw what I hit. It knocked my structure scan transducer off my boat. Luckily the transducer seems to work (if I hold it in the water. It just broke the bracket. I wasn't doing anything wrong - I followed the same path everyone else did - the same path I take every single time I fish from that ramp - in 20ft of water.

Sooooo I had no down imagining or side imagining all day.

Pulled up to my first spot... made about 5 casts and WHAM!!! A solid 5-6lb drum. He certainly had my heart going for a minute.

A couple of hours later I got another bite. I set the hook... and SNAP. My like broke. I guess it was frayed and I didn't realize it. My fault.

45 min before weigh in, I finally got another bite on a Senko with my spinning reel.

Well guess when I last used that spinning reel? When I randomly decided to crappie fish one day and didn't have a crappie rod. I loosened the drag a whole lot.

Well, of course I forgot to tighten the drag back up. As soon as I set the hook the bass took off hard and pulled several feet of drag. I reached down to try to tighten it but he flopped and had too much slack. He got off.

And THAT was my day.

Of the 41 boats, 22 of us zeroed. woof!

1st: 4 fish, 15.9 lbs
2nd: 5, 11.40
3rd: 4, 7.99
4th: 2, 7.17
5th: 3, 6.57

Big Bass: 5.54 (also the 1st place guy)

sorry for your luck, it happens. at least your fishing. ive been in bed for two days feeling like some is driving a nail through my skull.

id be getting a spring loaded mount for that imaging xducer if you are going to use it in a skimmer position. a dual xducer would be better to get it out of the way either under a jackplate, under the step or higher on the transom.(some options may not be good on some glass boats though). then use a 2d skimmer for on plane readings.

WTM":2wxq1q3y said:
sorry for your luck, it happens. at least your fishing. ive been in bed for two days feeling like some is driving a nail through my skull.

id be getting a spring loaded mount for that imaging xducer if you are going to use it in a skimmer position. a dual xducer would be better to get it out of the way either under a jackplate, under the step or higher on the transom.(some options may not be good on some glass boats though). then use a 2d skimmer for on plane readings.
I actually have it under the step. It doesn't hang below the bottom of the hull. My best guess is I hit a piece of wood just right and it popped up from the motor or something and hit the transducer.

We had similar results on Ky Lake Saturday. The ole lady and I fished the Irish day tournament. We did not catch a bass but had one of those drum episodes you speak of lol. Around 25 boats and only 2 limits. I pulled up on a spot at 11:00 and my good buddy was down a few hundred yards. Talked to him they had 3 fish including a 6.5 from there and they had been fishing it all day. Plenty of room for a few boats there but I told them we didn't have a fish and good luck. They won with 16 lbs. didn't catch the 5th until 25 min before weigh inns. I didn't have any bass on the hook to lose all day.

Latest posts

Back