• Help Support TNDeer:

Fish grips / scales

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I would love to have a set of Boga grips / scale.

I just can't justify spending $250 for them. :shock:

Is there a GOOD set that are cheaper?

http://www.kayakfishinggear.com/product ... -fish-grip

I use this for gripping anything toothy like Walleye or larger Trout. Also comes in handy when trying to control a striper yak side.

As for a scale, the Boga is great if you want a dead on accurate reading but there are several less expensive scales that will do just fine. They may not be as accurate but it's not like they're going to be several pounds off or anything. I don't have one but I'm thinking about getting one. I think I'm pretty good at estimating weights but I am a fisherman so I'm prone to exaggerating!

I have Bogas and Lucids.

I've had the Bogas for 4-5 years, and send them off to get certified every year, or drive down to Miami to get them certified. It makes a good excuse to go catch some Peacocks.

I picked up a pair of Lucids last year. I check the accuracy of the Lucids with the Bogas and they are very close. The Lucids are the same design as the Bogas, and the material is quality, but for a bout 1/3 the price of Bogas.

I like the Lucids and Bogas because they are quality material, give a positive grip, they swivel so if you catch a fish that likes to spin or hard to handle like a bowfin it's not going to break your wrist or the fish's jaw.

Also like was said I would attach a float to either, and maybe a longer lanyard.

I've fished a lot in saltwater with the Bogas, and didn't wash them until after a week of fishing 40-50hrs in the salt and there was no corrosion.

The only maintenance I do is rinse off in tap water, and put a drop or two of TSI321 inside about once every 6 months.

Latest posts

Back