• Help Support TNDeer:

Fish ID

Spurhunter

Alright guys. Tell me what this fish is and then I will tell you where I caught it.

Attachments

• 20160722_065829-1.jpg
    20160722_065829-1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,684
  • 20160722_065842.jpg
    20160722_065842.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 1,681
I guess it's unanimous. I caught it on a shaky head in a Mississippi river oxbow at Memphis. Never knew they were in there. I've been fishing the river for 40 years and never even heard of someone catching a walleye.

Spurhunter":3u2ggmrm said:
I guess it's unanimous. I caught it on a shaky head in a Mississippi river oxbow at Memphis. Never knew they were in there. I've been fishing the river for 40 years and never even heard of someone catching a walleye.

They're delicious.

Geez! :mrgreen: That's almost like me catching a rainbow trout in Reelfoot Lake!

I would speculate it washed in from the far north, or else some fishermen caught some a little farther east, and simply released them where you were fishing? Still amazing they would survive very long there, but then the summer hasn't heated up fully yet.

TheLBLman":1nj1qsb4 said:
Geez! :mrgreen: That's almost like me catching a rainbow trout in Reelfoot Lake!

I would speculate it washed in from the far north, or else some fishermen caught some a little farther east, and simply released them where you were fishing? Still amazing they would survive very long there, but then the summer hasn't heated up fully yet.
The surface temps are in the 90's during the day. I'm still amazed.

Back