• Help Support TNDeer:

Fish or just brush?

TNReb

Like the title says... are these fish or just a brush pile? Any chance it's crappie?

12364c9d3484a4ab8246f83dede969d1.jpg

nitro_z17":ogk15v11 said:
TNReb":ogk15v11 said:
Like the title says... are these fish or just a brush pile? Any chance it's crappie?

12364c9d3484a4ab8246f83dede969d1.jpg
do you not have fish reveal?
Good point. I do, and it was turned on. Guess that might answer my question. :)

Still learning this imaging stuff...

Grandslam11":2ermwxua said:
Can you post a pic of what Fish Reveal would show? I am amazed at technology nowadays.
Not my pic but they have put regular sonar in structural scan basicly

Attachments

• BA24A6BA-E8A1-4026-A333-12E28877D30D.jpeg
    BA24A6BA-E8A1-4026-A333-12E28877D30D.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 2,674
I believe that to be fish (probably crappie) in a brush pile. The new "fish reveal" update on the new lowrances helps distinguish between the two. Crappie pile up on top of each other in a vertical manner that looks like a lot of dots. Bass will look more like tick-tacks with a more elongated shape and usually dont stack one on top of another unless its a huge open water school. The best confirmation is to fish it and catch em to confirm what you are seeing. But these new electronics have showed me that just because you can find/ see them doesnt mean you can catch them

Jmed":17y5kcqn said:
I believe that to be fish (probably crappie) in a brush pile. The new "fish reveal" update on the new lowrances helps distinguish between the two. Crappie pile up on top of each other in a vertical manner that looks like a lot of dots. Bass will look more like tick-tacks with a more elongated shape and usually dont stack one on top of another unless its a huge open water school. The best confirmation is to fish it and catch em to confirm what you are seeing. But these new electronics have showed me that just because you can find/ see them doesnt mean you can catch them

yeah i agree. if it was all brush pile you would think some of it would show up on side scan. and then what is that cross looking image, some sort of fish attractor and maybe not a brush pile? at the bottom of it maybe looks like rocks and also rocks to the side. so, if fish reveal was turned on why didnt it color the returns that look like crappie?

Update.. checked my fish reveal yesterday and the sensitivity was turned all the way down somehow. I'm blaming that on the 4 and 6 year olds that sit there and mess with things!!

check your contrast and colorline as well. your image looks kind of washed out like the contrast is set high. if the colorline is set low, it takes the sonar color out of the fish returns.

i bet your kids had fun with those toys lol.

TNReb":2mtz443d said:
Update.. checked my fish reveal yesterday and the sensitivity was turned all the way down somehow. I'm blaming that on the 4 and 6 year olds that sit there and mess with things!!
I havent been in your boat[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back