• Help Support TNDeer:

Fished some new water Monday

woodyard

I have been busy the last four weeks traveling around and getting some fishing in. Went to Gulf Shores in late Sept and caught mostly Spanish Mackerel and some others over four days.

Came back home and and got over to Arkansas on the White and caught some browns, rainbows, and cutthroats. Had four days of pretty good fishing .

Headed up to Ohio Thursday to visit my son and dil after they moved there in July. Son hauls us around to see a lot of different country and says you do want to go see Lake Erie don't ya. I said of course and I need to go fishing. We went Monday morn for a while at the waterfront park in Cleveland. Hoping to catch some steelhead since they have been catching them there. Nope, but what do I catch, a largemouth bass.

Next stop is some crappie on Ky Lake in a few days.

cool. ky lake is pretty good right now, lots of bait.

my son lived in ohio, hated it and moved back after a year. looks like theyve cleaned the waterfront up. last time i was up there there were junkies and syringes all over the place.

RUGER":24ngks7c said:
I'm jealous, I still ain't caught a cutthroat. :D
This trip we caught several and several more cutbows. I accidentally deleted my picture of one. Never got a golden , which I was hoping for. I thought they would be through releasing so much water by now, but recent rains have shot the lakes back up. I don't know if the water at Calico is gonna be right for a trip in next few weeks or so.

Also I never knew there were that many guides up in that area. The river was covered up with them guiding everyday and this was during the week. Not many other regular fishers. One more reason I like Calico better.

Yep every time I have been up there you could just about walk across the river at any given spot and not get your feet wet.
Lots of boats and pressure for sure.

Latest posts

Back