• Help Support TNDeer:

Float N Fly Rods

I don't have experience with float n fly, but I really like BnM rods for crappie fishing. They have one listed on their website, that will be less expensive purchased from Grizzly Jig.

BNM float and fly. they have them in 8 to 10 ft. good customer service. bass pro micro series has a float n fly model but i have never used those so indont know. all of these are around 60 to 70 bucks, unless you find some at walmart marked down like i did. walked out with 2 for 35 bucks a piece.

rsimms":36udgvvf said:
larry ipock":36udgvvf said:
What are the best one under $100?

It's not "under $100," but you can't beat St. Croix. I've been waiting to see if anyone could answer the "under $100" question. :?:

Not above paying for good equipment. When I paid 100 dollars for All Star rods 25 years ago, I thought I was crazy until I fished with them Whats St Croix got other than the name.

larry ipock":1rhi5du1 said:
rsimms":1rhi5du1 said:
larry ipock":1rhi5du1 said:
What are the best one under $100?

It's not "under $100," but you can't beat St. Croix. I've been waiting to see if anyone could answer the "under $100" question. :?:

Not above paying for good equipment. When I paid 100 dollars for All Star rods 25 years ago, I thought I was crazy until I fished with them Whats St Croix got other than the name.

I had one (until a client broke it crappie fishing :bash: ). It had tremendous action yet was light as a feather.

How important is the rod in a float and fly rig?? I've used the float and fly many times and I just use a regular ole rod... I mean once the float goes under you just set the hook don't ya?? It's not like you have to feel the bite..??

pressfit":2id32zr4 said:
How important is the rod in a float and fly rig?? I've used the float and fly many times and I just use a regular ole rod... I mean once the float goes under you just set the hook don't ya?? It's not like you have to feel the bite..??

I agree... these days I'm using basic B n' M Crappie 8 or 9 foot rods for my float & fly fishing. Only difference is they are heavier than the quality F&F rods I've used.

The bass pro micro light rods are nice for the price. I have used a 7ft medium light model and then they have the floatnfly model in 8' 8'6 and 9' something too. They are medium light action which seems to be better for me than the crappie poles you get in light or ultralight

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Got one today. Shakespeare steelhead rod. I liked the limberness of the tip, but still had some strength in the butt. Now if the weather would break a little, I could find out what the FnF is all about.

Unless you just want a rod just for float and fly then it isn't necessary. Get you some slip bobbers and some yarn style bobber stops and you can suspend your fly as deep as you want. And its way easier to cast. I use a 7 foot medium action kistler rod. It works great. The thing with the slip bobbers is to get the right sized float according to how heavy your fly is. This allows you to still detect a bite from a fish that may come towards the surface with your bait. Instead of the bobber going down it will tip over when u get a bite like that.

Latest posts

Back