The other 11.5lbs

Attachments

• 0DFC58F7-8924-4953-829C-41B4563479EA.jpeg
    0DFC58F7-8924-4953-829C-41B4563479EA.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 3,765
  • E7EA76FA-9DE8-4B3D-92D4-7E14D79CBC68.jpeg
    E7EA76FA-9DE8-4B3D-92D4-7E14D79CBC68.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 3,768
Where do you fish out of? I used to go down every February and stay at Palatka and fish either Rodman or the St. Johns with shiners. We now go in the October staying at the same place, the weather is usually more stable and although don't catch the truly huge fish seem to catch a lot more in the 6- 9 lb. range, actually leaving tomorrow morning headed that way. The St. Johns is supposed to be terrific right now fishing out off the bars in the middle of the river. Great looking fish BTW

I fish out of Palatka.
Both of these fish were caught out of Rodman
October is a great time to fish the river. Find grass and you will find the bass

you from palatka i use to camp at the rodman reservoir Camp ground.The first Buck i killed was from Caravelle ranch WMA 20 years ago.Not sure if you know where thats at.But it's around there.I hunted FT MCoy wma and all over the national forest.I also fished all over there also.

No. My parents live in San Mateo. Just east of Palatka. Great fishing and good hunting around the Ft Mcoy area. LOVE fishing Salt Run in the spring.
I like the campground at Rodman. It's very nice. There were 2 pigs caught out of Rodman this year, a 18.7 and 18.2 lbs. I'm sure caught on shiners up around Orange Springs.

We caught several fish in the river but biggest was 7.8 lbs. a lot of schooling fish but not the size we were accustomed to. River was still out of its banks after the hurricane and caught fish off bars in open water, actually caught as many fish on artificial as we did shiners. We also used a new guide this year and he wasn't what we were accustomed to either, in the past we have used C.C. Corey and Sean Rush with great success but C.C no longer guides and don't use Sean any more so trying to find a new guide that we like. We usually go down once or twice a year for a long weekend trip.

Sean is an outstanding guide in Rodman.
Anytime of year on the river you cannot go wrong with a Zoom June bug red ultra vibe speed worm
Glad you had a good trip

Latest posts

Back