• Help Support TNDeer:

Fly shops

CATCHDAWG

I don't know about where some of you others live but here in the southeast mountains if you don't have a good two hours to spend then there ain't no use in going. I'm not talking about shopping time, I'm talking about talking time lol. There's no better place to share info, tell tales and discuss all sorts of things, some of which might actually involve fly fishing. My wife likes to call them the liars clubs! Lol. I'm sure some of you know exactly what I'm talking about, but if you don't, go visit your local shop and pretend you fly fish. I'm sure you'll have a good time! 😉

Last edited:
Fly shops are "peculiar".?. I go into a lot of them on my travels and each one has their own unique characters and I can say I've been lucky to have some good ones close to where I live. Fly South, 3Rivers, and Little River Outfitters have all been great. The Orvis stores have all been good too. But, I've been in some, Cohutta Fishing Co was the latest, that if you weren't wearing a flat bill and calling everyone "bruh", they wouldn't give you the time of day. Which is a shame too, I always buy something when I'm in there.

Fly shops are "peculiar".?. I go into a lot of them on my travels and each one has their own unique characters and I can say I've been lucky to have some good ones close to where I live. Fly South, 3Rivers, and Little River Outfitters have all been great. The Orvis stores have all been good too. But, I've been in some, Cohutta Fishing Co was the latest, that if you weren't wearing a flat bill and calling everyone "bruh", they wouldn't give you the time of day. Which is a shame too, I always buy something when I'm in there.
3 Rivers never needs to be mentioned with FlySouth or Little River. It's a laughable joke how bad it is

Fly South is hands down the best shop I've ever been in. Great people except for some grumpy older dude 😂

Haven't been in Cohutta and it's not very far from me but I don't do much in Georgia anymore. I love Little River. If you need it, they have it and the staff has always been great! My favorite two are Tnflyco and Hiawassee Outfitters. Could be because they are close and I know them but they are both great shops. Tnflyco especially, you might as well just pull up a chair, your gonna be there a while! Lol
EDIT!!!!!!!! I have no idea why I said Hiawassee Outfitters! (Not knocking their shop). I meant to say TELLICO OUTFITTERS! If you're in the area, give Codey a visit. He's a pretty cool dude.

Last edited:
Haven't been in Cohutta and it's not very far from me but I don't do much in Georgia anymore. I love Little River. If you need it, they have it and the staff has always been great! My favorite two are Tnflyco and Hiawassee Outfitters. Could be because they are close and I know them but they are both great shops. Tnflyco especially, you might as well just pull up a chair, your gonna be there a while! Lol
EDIT!!!!!!!! I have no idea why I said Hiawassee Outfitters! (Not knocking their shop). I meant to say TELLICO OUTFITTERS! If you're in the area, give Codey a visit. He's a pretty cool dude.
I was in Gatlinburg last week. I was going to run into the small one there before I went fishing but decided I would spend an hour of time I could be fishing talking instead. I went and fished and had fun. I do still stop in a few of the ones back home in Missouri whenever I get in the area.

I bought a TFO fly rod/reel from Cabelas on sale and had intentions of trout fishing with it. I didn't have any flies or stuff but was familiar with Cody, from him posting on the Tellico River Facebook page. I stopped in the store one day just to say hello face to face and get a few starter flies and pointers. I ended up staying there nearly 2 hrs. Cody had me outside showing me how to cast, etc. He spent so much time with me I felt bad for not buying my rod/reel from him and just a few dollars worth of flies. So...I ended up letting him set me up with a rod/reel at the shop too 😆 Now I have two fly rods and haven't even stepped foot in the river with one of them yet. Waiting on delayed harvest season! Cody is a really nice dude.

I love 3 river outfitters in Knoxville. The young lad that works there is always nice and helpful. little river on the other hand... them guys seem like they've done a lot of LCD/acid and smoke pot while tying flies all day long. Don't get me wrong they're great to talk to and very helpful but they just give weird vibes to me lol

I love 3 river outfitters in Knoxville. The young lad that works there is always nice and helpful. little river on the other hand... them guys seem like they've done a lot of LCD/acid and smoke pot while tying flies all day long. Don't get me wrong they're great to talk to and very helpful but they just give weird vibes to me lol
Maybe you gave them a weird vibe? 🤷‍♂️😜

They've been great every time I've been there - helpful, willing to give advice & down to earth normal guys. I've been to plenty of fly shops staffed with condescending Brookie hunting poets & they were far from that...

They've been great every time I've been there - helpful, willing to give advice & down to earth normal guys. I've been to plenty of fly shops staffed with condescending Brookie hunting poets & they were far from that...
This kid at orvis was a STUCK UP PRICK!!! i'm saying it's daddy's money that spoiled him

Latest posts

Back